Microsoft Teams Direct Routing Trunk Translations allow you to manipulate caller and called numbers at a per-trunk level. This is most useful when you are not using your own SBC.
- You use an ‘ext=xxxx’ number format and the PSTN requires you to remove it
- The PSTN may require a specific number format e.g. in localised format without the country code
- You may wish to translate all caller line ID’s to the office number (currently the native Caller ID policy doesn’t support Direct Routing numbers so this could be a workaround)
You need to be careful when adding or changing Trunk Translations because they are applied at the gateway trunk level. If you get something horribly wrong, you may break calling in and out of your business. Please be mindful of this.
To make things a little easier I have created a script which you can download over on GitHub.
The script supports the following:
- New-TeamsTrunkTranslation – Adds a new translation rule to the specified Microsoft Teams PSTN gateway
- Remove-TeamsTrunkTranslation – Removes an existing translation rule applied to Microsoft Teams PSTN gateways by type
- Get-TeamsTrunkTranslations – Gets translation rules applied to Microsoft Teams PSTN gateways by type
Export-TeamsTrunkTranslations – Exports translation rules applied to Microsoft Teams PSTN gateways