Customer Support Tool is now UC Extend – For the latest version see the product page here.
- The Lync 2013 installation files are located in the same directory as the installer in a folder named “Install_Lync2013Client”
- Using the Office Customization Tool, create a setup customization .msp file named OCT_Lync2013Client.msp, and locate it in the same directory as the installer
On first run if the settings.xml file does not already exist, it will be created in the program directory. This will require that you have admin rights or write access to program directory. You will need to update this settings file to customise the application for you needs. The default program directory is C:Program Files (x86)Andrew MorpethCustomer Support Tool
Program images and icons can also be customised by overwriting the defaults with ones of the same size and type. Images are located in the program directory in images directory.
- Tested on Windows 8, 8.1 (more to come)
- .Net Framework 4
- Creating custom menu items in Lync requires permissions to the LocalMachine registry hive
- Registry watchers may require permission to the registry, denpending on the registry keys you are watching
- Run at Windows start up currently requires that the app runs as admin, this is problematic in newer versions of Windows that are more secure. I am close to releasing a version that stores application settings in the users AppData folder to alleviate the problem, and allow it to start. This initial fix will not help where Lync custom menus or registry watchers that access the LocalMachine registry hive are in use, but will hopefully be resolved in a later release.