Call Flow Manager is a 3rd party tool that assists with the management of Skype for Business and Lync Response Groups. Call Flow Manager has a simple user interface that combines all aspects for Response Group Management. With Call Flow Manager you can create, edit and clone:
- Business Hours
To do the same in the native tools you need to use the Workflow web portal, Skype for Business (or Lync) Control Panel and PowerShell. Additionally, Call Flow Manager provides some nice enhancements:
- Switch between IVR and simple call queuing modes
- Create IVR’s with up to 10 options and at 2 levels deep
- When you delete anything, Call Flow Manager will check for any dependencies and let you know what they are before deleting
- Phone Number inventory
- Response Group Health Check looks for potential configuration issues such as Groups containing agents that no longer exist
Under the hood, Call Flow Manager uses Microsoft supported PowerShell commands to view and make changes to your Response Groups.
Pricing is based on the number of concurrent installations you need, and you can try it out free for 30 days.
- Single activation – USD$99
- Four activations – USD$139 (install on up to 4 management servers)
- Unlimited activations – USD$495 (install on unlimited management servers)
To learn more watch the video review at the top of this post, and check out the Call Flow Manager website here.
Full disclosure – I built and own Call Flow Manager. As a Skype for Business consultant, I found the native Response Group management tools infuriating to work with and set out to solve the problem.