Tool developed by James Cussen over at My Lync Lab to assist in testing firewall rules for the Lync Edge server. Goodbye to my port test list!
- One tool for testing both ends of the connection. Run the Lync Edge Port Tester on your Edge server and on an internal and external network machine.
- Test both UDP and TCP ports are open in both directions.
- Select a profile from the list (Edge Outside, Edge Inside, Front End, Client Outside, Client Inside) to check all the relevant ports for that connection type.
- Open all the required firewall ports temporarily with the press of a button.
- Can be used to test connections to a live Edge (or Front End) server. If you run the tool on a live edge server it will automatically learn which ports are currently in use and only allow you to Listen on unused ports.
- Can be used on a Consolidated Edge configuration or on an Edge running with a single external IP address (ie. all 443 services running on different ports). The Single External IP check box allows for this configuration.
- Tool Tips to provide you with contextual help.
- All in one interface. (Over 100 interface objects! Yep, that was a lot of typing…)
For more information check it out here –