Microsoft has just announced a GA launch event for Microsoft Teams. You can register for the event here.
Microsoft Teams is a chat-based workspace delivered via Office 365, that completes with the very popular Slack. Microsoft Teams provides the following key features:
- Modern easy to use interface
- Peer to peer and team chat (IM), audio, video and screen sharing
- Scheduled or ad-hoc meetings
- File management backed by SharePoint Online
- OneNote and Office integration
- Create and assign tasks
- 3rd party app integrations called “connectors”
I actively use both Slack and Teams on a near daily basis, and believe Microsoft is on to a winner here if they resolve a couple of key limitations that are offered by Slack:
- Ability to login to multiple Teams
- Ability to invite external users to a team
Overall I prefer the Teams experience, largely due to the user experience. Let me know what you think.
Visual Studio Connector – Agile Features Board